The ATM is a Colorcon product performance specialist that will manage projects at Colorcon and/or at a customer facility.
The ATM provides technical assistance to customers in terms of immediate and modified release solid oral dose formulation development, trouble shooting and small scale and commercial scale trial support. The role requires the ability to speak and present at internal and external training seminars on core formulation and coating process development, optimization and scale-up.
The duties and key responsibilities of an Area Technical Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for local technical support activities and coordination of Colorcon technical resources to ensure project success.
- Leading technical application discussions and actively promoting Colorcon products and services with customers and sales teams using technical product information and optimization tools.
- Ability to understand customer core formulation development from pre-formulation to scale-up and production scales offering guidance and troubleshooting strategies along the way.
- Recommending optimal colour/pigment selection based on customers desired target markets and associated regulatory requirements. Coordinating the provision of Colorcon product samples to the customer in a timely fashion and clear communication between the customer and Colorcon Regulatory departments.
- Understanding the key features and benefits of all Colorcon products, including Modified Release Technologies and Immediate Release film coatings and excipients. Recommending their application based on customers' drug release, formulation and processing requirements.
- Maximise sales via the provision of technical support activities and expertise.
- Travel to customers' research and manufacturing sites to promote and support the use of Colorcon products.
- Optimise customers' processes to maximise the performance, efficiency and cost effectiveness of Colorcon products.
- Prepare and present technical information (oral and written) for both internal and external training seminars, coating schools, modified release forums and other product promotion events.
- Coordinate with Regional Technical Leadership to support technology transfer and evaluation of new Colorcon products.
- Prepare Technical Service project reports, itineraries, and laboratory work reports.
- Use CRM to request samples, maintain trial database, and capture notes of key customer interactions.
- Use questioning techniques to understand customers issues, clarify needs and create value to the customers.
Colorcon (http://www.colorcon.com) is a world leader in the development, supply and technical support of formulated film coating systems, modified release technologies, and functional excipients for the pharmaceutical and nutritional supplement industries.
What we're looking for in our Area Technical Manager:
- Bachelor degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related scientific discipline required
- Extensive experience in a pharmaceutical laboratory or industrial pharmacy environment with an emphasis on solid dosage formulation and coating for both immediate and modified release applications
- Practical knowledge of fluid bed, perforated coating pans, granulators, tablet presses, encapsulates and tablet/capsule printers
- Previous experience delivering technical presentations at an academic or industry forum
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical development and registration process
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-initiative and able to work without close supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in use of software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Willingness to learn and willingness to travel
- Logical thinking ability