Title: Project SCADA Engineer
To assist the Project Lead Engineer in managing, coordinate and evaluate all tasks related to the design, development and implementation of the SCADA system and communication networks required within the projects.
To support the Project Lead Engineer to coordinate and manage the testing and commissioning of the relevant control systems ensuring optimal plant performance.
To support the projects from detail design phase into construction phase with significant onsite presence required in the construction phase with specific focus to Engineering aspects and Quality Control implementation.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
In general the Project SCADA Engineer will provide assistance to the SCADA Engineer and Project Lead Engineer reporting to them and executing tasks as required by them. The Project SCADA Engineer will be required to assist in formulating project specifications, completing design reviews as requested, attend to technical clarifications/questions/variations received from contractors and designers and perform limited quality control activities on sites under construction. A vital aspect will be for the Project SCADA Engineer to assist in the commissioning phase of the projects as it relates to all monitoring and control aspects of all elements on the PV plant.
1. Support to Structuring Phase of projects
- Confirm the minimum requirements and specifications related to the SCADA system and communication network also as it pertains to ALL local Ukrainian Requirements specific to PV Plants and interconnection facilities.
- Conduct due diligence investigations on relevant technologies to ensure risks and opportunities are identified to be implemented in the detail design
- Support Execution Team with planning and alignment of technical aspects of the project
- Ensure that all SCADA system and communication network requirements identified throughout the structuring phase is implemented in the detail designs.
- Support Engineering team in interpretation of all Ukrainian specific communication and metering requirements.
- Support SCADA Engineer in driving design implementation. The Project SCADA Engineer is solely responsible for ensuring compliance to local requirements.
- Follow the guidelines and prescribed structures as outlined by the operating system
- Provide continuous input towards improvement and optimisation of the operating system
- Ensure detailed engineering is implemented from the design stage, reporting to the Project Lead Engineer.
- Actively participate in all SCADA related detailed engineering processes/reviews/ clarification.
- Interface with relevant local authorities and contractors to ensure clarity in design and compliance to relevant requirements producing a functional SCADA concept to operate and connect the PV Plant successfully.
- Review design change request, technical clarifications or proposals in the event of deviations
- Provision of all communication and SCADA related requirements from Contractors, Regulators, Oblenergo's is understood by all project participants and Engineering Team.
- Support onsite Quality Control Team with responding to all applicable Technical Clarifications, Design Variations and SCADA commissioning activities.
- Assist SCADA Engineer in managing and coordinate activities related to testing and commissioning of the project
- Support in project close out phase towards TTO
- Support to resolve all SCADA systems and communication network related matters identified during operations
- Investigate and implement solutions towards improving relevant operational / functional systems within the project
Diploma in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
Certificate in Communication Network Design
Technical Diploma/Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Independent and self-dependent working
- Analytical thinking
- Assertiveness and organisational skills
- High energy level and motivation
- Proactive and initiative-taking
- Good at building relationships and trust, good judgement skills and high integrity
- Good communication and team skills, with ability to work in across functional team
- High social and intercultural competence
- Speak and write English
- Report writing skills
3+ years' experience in SCADA Systems and Communication Networks
This includes the following:
2+ years' experience with industrial control systems (implementation, fault finding, trouble shooting, etc.)
1+ years' experience with Communication Networks (LAN, VPN, Firewalls, Security, etc.)
PLC programming experience
Experience in the field of renewable energies, ideally in the PV sector
- Must be able to work in an open plan environment
- Must be able to spend significant time on sites during construction phase
- Must be able to work extended hours
- Valid driver's licence
- No criminal record