This position is responsible for planning:
- Design, promote and administer plans and policies affecting land use, zoning, public utilities, community facilities, housing, and transportation.
- Recommend approval, denial or conditional approval of proposals.
- Determine the effects of regulatory limitations on projects.
- Assess the feasibility of proposals and identify necessary changes.
- Create, prepare, or requisition graphic and narrative reports on land use data, including land area maps overlaid with geographic variables such as population density.
- Advise planning officials on project feasibility, cost-effectiveness, regulatory conformance, and possible alternatives.
- Conduct field investigations, surveys, impact studies or other research in order to compile and analyze data on economic, social, regulatory and physical factors affecting land use.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of urban planning technicians and technologists.
- Discuss with planning officials the purpose of land use projects such as transportation, conservation, residential, commercial and community use.
- Keep informed about economic and legal issues involved in zoning codes, building codes, and environmental regulations.