Job Title: Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
As a Senior MySQL Database Administrator, you will be responsible for overseeing the design, implementation, maintenance, and optimization of MySQL database systems. You will work closely with development teams, system administrators, and other stakeholders to ensure the availability, security, and performance of MySQL databases.
Key Responsibilities: * Database Design and Planning:
- Collaborate with application developers and architects to design and plan database solutions that meet business requirements.
- Define database schemas, tables, indexes, and relationships for optimal performance and scalability.
- Installation and Configuration:
- Install and configure database software and related tools on various platforms.
- Implement and maintain high availability solutions such as database clustering and replication.
- Performance Tuning:
- Monitor and analyze database performance using tools and techniques to identify and resolve bottlenecks.
- Optimize SQL queries, database schema, and configurations for improved performance.
- Security and Access Control:
- Implement and enforce security measures to protect sensitive data.
- Manage user accounts, roles, and permissions to ensure data access control.
- Regularly apply security patches and updates.
- Backup and Recovery:
- Develop and maintain backup and recovery strategies to safeguard data against loss or corruption.
- Test and execute backup and recovery procedures regularly.
- Monitoring and Alerts:
- Set up monitoring tools to proactively detect issues and respond to alerts promptly.
- Establish and maintain database performance and health dashboards.
- Capacity Planning:
- Forecast future database capacity requirements and plan for scaling as needed.
- Allocate and manage storage resources effectively.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of database configurations, procedures, and policies.
- Generate and share regular reports on database performance and utilization.
- Troubleshooting and Problem Resolution:
- Investigate and resolve database-related issues, such as data corruption or performance degradation.
- Participate in on-call support and respond to critical incidents.
- Collaboration and Teamwork:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, system administrators, and network engineers.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior database administrators.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in database administration, with a focus on MySQL/ PostgreSQL / Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proficiency in SQL query optimization and performance tuning.
- Strong knowledge of database security best practices.
- Experience with database clustering, replication, and high availability solutions.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Python) for automation.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Relevant certifications, such as MySQL Certified Database Administrator (CMDBA), are a plus.
- Experience with cloud-based databases (e.g., AWS RDS, Azure SQL Database).
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration tools (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
The DBA typically works in an office or IT environment. Depending on the organization's needs, there might be occasional requirements for off-hours support and on-call duties, especially during critical database incidents or maintenance.
Powered by JazzHR