Afiniti is seeking Senior and Expert Virtualization /Storage Architects for a Dedicated VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) Support Team in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad. 6 Positions vacant for the various roles ranging from Senior VDI Engineer to VDI Program Architect.
From strategy to implementation the Enterprise Infrastructure Team at Afiniti delivers technology solutions that modernize, automate, and transform our customers and Internal Users. Our practical, innovative solutions are linked to measurable goals to help our customers achieve a competitive advantage.
This job is for you if
- You're interested in a meaningful job at a growing technology company where you'll work with a variety of technology solutions and be appreciated for doing your job well.
- When you see things that need improvement you get working on a solution.
- You enjoy collaborating with highly skilled professionals with a passion for technology.
- You want to join a culture that embraces dynamic individuals with a focus on innovation.
- The VDI /Virtualization /Storage Engineers will be required to work onsite /Remotely at Afiniti premises for the management /Operations of Storage/Virtualization /VDI infrastructure.
- The ideal candidates will work in shifts and provide 24x7 support of VDI engineering solutions and Support Operations in both physical and virtual environments.
- They will design and configure Storage / Virtualization and VDI systems.
- They will implement changes and/or add new features to support and secure the infrastructure based on direction and guidance from the Enterprise Infrastructure Operations Engineering team.
- Document, maintains, and communicates current client and application virtualization architecture
- Develops forward thinking models that support IT strategy and architecture
- Develops, recommends, and supports a migration strategy to move from the current technical platforms to the future technical architecture.
- Defines and prioritizes a list of projects to implement the migration strategy.
- Consults in the design or selection of new systems and technical infrastructure projects.
- Technical lead for team as it pertains to Client and Application Virtualization
- Leads and participates in departmental projects, ensuring that projects are clearly defined, systematically executed, fully documented, and business results oriented.
- Architect, design, and implement traditional and converged infrastructure
- Deploy, upgrade, and migrate vSphere environments
- Perform workload migrations using VMware native features
- Share information and best practices with other team members
- Provide support and mentoring to less experienced engineers
- Produce documentation and provide detailed knowledge transfer to customers VMware installed products
- Perform technical hands-on integration of various products mentioned below
- 5 to 10 years of experience in architecting, designing and deploying virtualized infrastructures, ideally with a special emphasis on VMware vSphere and as many as possible of the following:
- Experience with a server O/S (Linux / Windows Server) and Windows Virtual Desktops
- Current VCP certification Preferred
- Experience in Physical to Virtual and Virtual to Virtual Server migrations
- Strong understanding of physical and logical Compute, Storage and Network technologies
- Experience in current to future state Data Center design and planning
- Strong experience implementing best practices in an end user environment
- Experience operating, maintaining, optimizing, and expanding the virtual infrastructure to include virtual servers and virtual desktops using VMware technology.
- Designing, Installing, configuring and maintaining a scalable and high availability virtual environment utilizing VMware Horizon 7.x with AppVol, User Environment Manager and ThinApp and VMware Workspace One.
- Thorough knowledge of desktop management and related technologies/processes such as storage, networking, management, monitoring, security, performance, capacity, and availability
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work assignments
- Understanding of VMware NSX in the desktop environment
- Understanding of VMware vROPS in the desktop environment
- Ability to professionally interact with end users and stake holders.
- Preference is at least one year's experience in customer-facing position as a professional services consultant
- Understanding of configuring, troubleshooting, and administering IT networking and SAN storage solutions
- Experience producing business relevant presentations and technical oriented writing
- Public Cloud Solutions including Hybrid Cloud integration
- Passion for learning innovative technologies
- Ability to break down problems and identify all their facets
- Flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Effective communication skills both internally and externally
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- VMware end user compute solutions
- VMware cloud integration methods
- Experience deploying converged and hyper-converged solutions such as VMware Cloud, AWS, Azure or similar
- Bachelor's Degree in a Telecommunications and /or Electrical Engineering and a minimum of three (5) years of experience in VDI solutions with an emphasis on virtualized environments.
As well as a competitive base salary dependent on the number of years of experience, we also offer Corporate benefits.