Qualification: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 2 to 5 years
Operations Officer job is available in Karachi for one of the leading public listed company in Pakistan. Candidates having Bachelors Degree along with 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in transportation or logistic management are encouraged to apply.
Operations Officer job role is responsible for the planning of vessel operations, stability and safety.
- This position is responsible for the planning of vessel operations. The planning takes into account vessel stability, safety, and an efficient yard and vessel operation (discharge/load sequence).
- Preparation and execution of crane split and discharge and load sequence to support, achieve & sustain productivity targets per quay crane operation.
- Controls the execution of the vessel operation plan.
- Ensure efficient communication with the Lines for all needed information from both side, including data transfers.
- Responsible for providing internal staff, vessel`s command, shipping lines and agents with information about vessel operations progress.
- Responsible to be the link between terminal operations Office with Vessel`s command, Agent and Line/Vessel Operators.
- All the copies of the documents that sent to terminal reefer contractor and shipping lines have to be included in the vessel file/folder.
- Ensure vessel load plan projections creation or uploading in SPARCS.
- Export blocks dressing prior vessel arrival in coordination with Yard Planner and actual containers planning with sequencing on the vessel.
- Meet vessel on arrival, to provide all required documents to Vessel`s command and gets loading plan approval.
- Meet vessel upon completion of operations ensuring that vessel`s command and shipping lines receive final departure plan and all related paper work in a timely manner.
- Cross checking load sequence of loading queues prior execution. Re-sequencing in the event of any exception like yard side equipment breakdown, vessel side equipment breakdown, accident, temporary congestion in any particular yard area etc.
- Timely activation and de-activation of planning work queues in accordance with the vessel work order.
- Sending outbound EDI file and Terminal Departure Report (TDR) to respective shipping lines.
- Completing vessel departure documentation.
- Keeps TOS (NAVIS) updated with all operations timeframe.
- Looking ahead to communicate with Planning Manager, Shift Managers and Operations Manager on the operational progress and exchange of relevant information required;
- Responsible to elaborate reports requested by the management.
- Coordinate and liaise with inter-department / inter-company requirements as per assigned.
- Understanding and knowledge of Terminal Business and TOS, applications.
- Good Interpersonal, communication & writing skills., Good Team Player, Customer Focus, People Orientation.
- Familiarity with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
Kindly mention the job title Operations Officer in the email.
Last date to apply is 17th November 2020
Hasnain Tanweer Associates