The Database Administrator will be responsible to ensure database availability with optimal performance, security and day-to-day production DBA tasks including but not limited to troubleshooting & problem resolution. He/She will be responsible to ensure defined SOPs, Standards, Best Practices are in-place through change management controls and is willing to work as part of 24/7 Production Support DBA Team.
- Installation, administration, monitoring & support, maintenance, up-gradations of database servers to ensure 24/7 availability.
- Implements standardized solutions to manage database physical structures, functional capabilities, security, backups, replication, archiving/purging etc.
- Maintains quality of service by practicing defined SOPs, organizational standards, compliance requirements & change management process.
- Must possess sound knowledge & expertise on database performance tuning especially SQL query optimization.
- Troubleshoot & resolve production database issues in accurate and timely manner within defined SLAs / OLAs & practice ITIL incident/problem management process.
- Manage database physical & logical structures, access & authorization, maintenance plans, database resources & standard DBA tasks.
- Maintain a good, healthy & friendly environment within & outside team.
- Shall be able to provide requested reports like RCA, Database Health Report etc.
- 1 to 8 years of working experience in reputed organizations especially with Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL on Linux and other databases in general SQL Server, Greenplum etc.
- Experience with Greenplum, Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB etc. with Linux Experience as Mandatory
- Preference/Priority having Experience with Greenplum & Postgres
- Strong exposure to RDBMS engine internal working, storage & memory optimization, performance tuning & SQL query optimization including hints, etc.
- Thorough understanding of database Engine & Configurations, HA & Replication, Logging & Auditing, Backups & PITR, Security & Authentication/Authorization etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of team.
- Should be a quick learner having analytical/logical problem solving approach.
- Should possess pleasant & flexible personality with effective communication skills.
- Should be able to deliver the desired results being in shift in a 24x7 working environment under tight time-lines.
- Available to work in flexible 24/7 shift timings and official travels as/when required
- Computer Science or Information Technology Graduate from reputed institute
As well as a competitive base salary dependent on the number of years of experience, we also offer Corporate benefits.