Since our inception, we have delivered over 5,000 medical personnel and countless healthcare solutions to over 70 clinical and hospital settings on four continents.
AMI is hiring a Project Manager to support our mission providing medical services to the United Nations in Somalia. This position requires the Project Manager to work on project in Somalia for months at a time. Travel is required. AMI covers visa, flight and accommodation costs. The Project Manager must have experience in healthcare and management in order to apply and be considered.
- Ensure the timely and professional administration and delivery of health services which adhere to UniTeam Medical’s contractual obligations.
- Available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
- Ensure operational readiness and of facility, equipment, supply chain and services.
- Ensure all safety precautions and standards are in place and adhered to ensure the safety of patients and staff at all times.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects related to the management of the facility and services in compliance with local requirements.
- Communicate the vision and objectives of the project including all work activities and behavior to staff.
- Analyze the contract and appropriately scope out the project requirements and deliverables.
- Effectively/efficiently control the day to day management of the project on site.
- Identify and minimize breach of contracts through proactive solution management and resolve issues as they arise.
- Effectively manage all on site contractual expenses. In addition, actively source opportunities to reduce costs and secure more competitive rates.
- Ensure internal audits of the facility are conducted as required.
- Ensure all HSE events are reported, dealt with quickly, correctly and appropriately.
- Oversee the day to day clinical staffing and outcomes to ensure contractual standards are adhered to.
- Assist with orientation for incoming personnel.
- Conduct performance reviews for all staff periodically and submit them to the corporate offices.
- Instigate disciplinary action when required, including the completion of file notes and documentation.
- Motivate individuals and teams to achieve high performance results and maintain good morale within the workplace.
- Create an environment where people are encouraged to make their own decisions and work as a team.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained in a thorough and accurate manner.
- Work in accordance with posted rostering and maintain approved training standards as required.
- Stay within restricted boundaries when responding to the on-call requirements.
- Train and work in a designated role within the facility’s trauma system, which is based on Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS).
- Ensure that highest standards in the provision of services.
- Attend or present training and briefing sessions when and as directed.
- Operate within the context of the facility’s Mass Casualty Incident Plan in designated role, or in other roles as directed.
- The Project Manager must comply with the Company’s and Client’s policies and procedures and Code of Conduct at all times.
- Report daily to the corporate Project Manager and provide daily Site Reports. Work closely with HR to manage future rotations and staffing needs.
- University Graduate with a degree (B. SC or BA) in Healthcare Administration OR Business Administration OR any related field in Medical Sciences (MBA or a Master’s degree in related fields will be an added advantage).
- Minimum 5 years’ continuous experience managing healthcare services at an international level.
- Experience in the management of the implementation of a complex project and business initiatives.
- The ability to be client focused, responsive, flexible and positive and committed to deliver quality service and improvement in an environment of continuous change.
- Experience in a leadership role with an understanding of staff management practices and proven ability to create a motivational work environment.
- An understanding of budgets, business planning and logistics.
- Two professional referees who can attest the applicant’s recent professional competence within the past 2 years. One reference to be from a supervisor and/or manager.
- Fluency in English.
- Valid passport.
- Ability to travel and work in Somalia for months at a time
- Start Date: Immediately
- Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
- Apply for this position:
Powered by JazzHR