You will be mainly responsible for our legacy system and new applications/services development.
- Ideally serves as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development, including internal and external team members.
- Must follow industry best practices to write a clean, reliable, readable, reusable, maintainable, and high standard code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Determine the root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Document technical feature level specifications.
- Remain current on new technologies and available vendor packages; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary.
- Assist in task & capacity planning, requirement analysis, estimation, scheduling, and hiring.
- Ideally mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 4+ years of proven programming experience with PHP.
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in web service development and consumption (REST, XML Feeds, and SOAP).
- Advanced knowledge of a few PHP frameworks like Laravel, Yii, Zend, Code ignitor.
- Ability to work independently and work with other team members to ensure on-time quality delivery of applications.
- Experience in object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Demonstrable ability to lead others.
- Experience working with Agile development processes.
- Expert knowledge of Relational databases.
- Familiarity of NoSQL databases, version control tools (Git), limitations of PHP as a platform, and its workarounds.
- Familiarity in Linux/UNIX environment.