The Network Engineer role will be responsible for the planning, designing, and developing enterprise network infrastructure including but not limited to local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs), Internet and other Data communication systems. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and awareness by presentation and proposals. The Afiniti Global Network Operations Team (GNOC) is highly specialized and designed to deliver high availability services and support for enterprise network infrastructure. The Network Engineer works closely with vendors, Corporate IT Support, Service Desk and Customer Technical Support Teams as well as PMs /TAMs to review technical designs and provide technical direction.
- Quickly learn company business process and IT infrastructure, and identify any potential network weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for the Planning, design, documentation, implementation and management of enterprise network infrastructure solutions based on specific project needs. These solutions should be stable, secure, highly available and scalable to evolving technology/architecture.
- Produce professional diagrams and documentation for networks and operational best practices, standards, policies and procedures, using Visio, Power Point and/or OmniGraffle.
- Manage or assist in the resolution of complex technical problems, while providing appropriate communications to all involved business partners and related stakeholders.
- Design, re/architect, and implement a secure global network infrastructure across multiple domains, platforms and multi-tiered architectures, enabling automation and/or machine-based resolution, with optimized alerting through technical analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Firewalls, VPN, and Network Virtualization - with strong abilities to architect solutions that enhances/maintains the reliability and stability of the network, and strengthens the traffic flow of data throughout global network
- Advanced/expert level infrastructure systems administration and engineering, with a strong emphasis on solution integration and systems implementation
- Well versed in network security, security policies, cryptography, authentication, and secure communication protocols
- Lead projects containing cross-functional IT members to ensure timely delivery of business objectives, communicating status and initiatives to management
- Strong working knowledge of application and server virtualization, networking and storage, enterprise-level infrastructure high availability/disaster recovery etc. Identify, solve problems and/or track issues encountered during projects
- Assist with Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and self-motivated and can work independently
- Confident presenter who can prepare and present technical material to both business and technical audiences
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the Information security team.
- Ensure within established configuration and change management policies/practices, approvals and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Knowledge about network technologies and how they work in AWS / Azure / Google Cloud.
- Experience of deploying hybrid systems, those with an on-premises data center and AWS / Azure / Google Cloud components.
- Implementation and deployment of cloud based data security practices, disaster recovery techniques, and troubleshooting.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in network, security and communications in a reputed multinational company.
- Well versed in network administration (WAN, MPLS, routers, switching, firewalls, distributed switch networks).
- In-depth practical knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols & technologies that includes: VLANs, CDP, LLDP, UDLD, STPs, VPNs, QoS, IPSec, OSPF, BGP, ACLs, WiFi (802.11x), HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, EtherChannels, LACP, PAgP, VTPv1/v2/v3, collaboration etc.
- In-depth knowledge of SNMP v2 & v3, IPv4 and IPv6 DHCP, Network Time Protocol (NTP), NTP authentication, IPv4 Network Address Translation (NAT) - Static NAT, dynamic NAT, PAT, IP SLA and Cisco NetFlow.
- Data center protocols to meet deployment requirements that are - Fabric Path, Multiprotocol BGP , OTV, VXLAN, LISP, VPC/VPC+.
- Worked on device and routing virtualization in a data center - VDC and VRF.
- Vendor neutral network equipment and call center technologies.
- Network and telecommunications design and implementation.
- Knowledge of Network standards and protocols.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and communication/soft skills are required.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as par
- Bachelors degree in Computer / Electrical / Electronics / Telecom Engineering or related field of study.
Desirable: CCNP (Routing & Switching), Palo Alto (Hands-on / training / certification), Blue Coat (Hands-on / training / certification)
Salary & Package
As well as a competitive base salary dependent on the number of years of experience, we also offer generous Corporate benefits.